Almost every deer hunter dreams of drawing back on a giant Iowa whitetail! The first step in that process is buying an Iowa Non-Resident Deer Preference Point. The following guide walks through every step of the process, so that you can make your Iowa dreams a reality!
1. Create a Go Outdoors Iowa Account
Select “Login” (for existing customers) or “Enroll Now” (for first time applicants/customers)
2. Click on “Nonresident Deer & Turkey Applications Only”
Support this Website by Picking Up Some Merch!
3. Click on “Purchase Hunting and Fishing Licenses Nonresident Deer Preference Points”
4. Find “NR DEER PREFERENCE POINT” and click “Add to Cart”
5. Click the “Cart” Icon and then the “Checkout” button
6. Click “Checkout Now”
7. Enter your Payment information and then check the “Affirmations / Attestations” (if you agree) and then click “Pay Now”
Congratulations, you’ve taken the first step towards a future hunt in Iowa! For tips on scouting Iowa and lessons learned from my first hunt, check out Podcast episode #19!